|Name :||Blyden Branch Library (bh11.gif)|
|File Path :||http://www.npl.lib.va.us/absoluteig/gallery/Everyday_Life/Africian-American_History_in_Norfolk,_Virginia/bh11.gif|
|Description :||The Blyden Branch of the Norfolk Public Library opened in 1921 in a room in the Booker T. Washington High School building on Princess Anne Road. It was the first library for black citizens to be supported by a municipality in the state of Virginia. It was at the location pictured here (1346 Church Street) from 1938 until 1957.