|Name :||St. Joseph's Catholic Church. (church7.jpg)|
|File Path :||http://www.npl.lib.va.us/absoluteig/gallery/Churches/church7.jpg|
|Description :||East Queen Street, 1906-1922.
St. Joseph's Parish was established in Norfolk in 1889. In 1893, the first school and parish building were dedicated. In 1896, 5 Franciscan Sisters came to Norfolk to teach at the school, and built a convent on Monticello Avenue soon thereafter. In 1961, St. Joseph's Parish was absorbed by St. Mary's Parish. St. Joseph's was the first high school for Catholic students in Norfolk.