The Norfolk Public Library is a diverse, interactive and resourceful tool serving the community of Norfolk. There are many opportunities to suit different interests within NPL, and each branch is in need of volunteers!
The Norfolk Public Library has opportunities available for adults, students (age 13 and up), and families (age 8 and up volunteering alongside an adult over age 18).
Come and join our team by volunteering your time in various library volunteer positions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Read and fill out these volunteer forms to become an NPL volunteer today!
- Training with hands-on opportunities
- Experience working with the public and diverse public service professionals
- Get to know new people and help those who need you
- Share your skills
- Keep busy and be involved
- Explore a new career and do something different
- Potential credit for educational community service requirements
- Related volunteer work may be counted as experience on resumes and job applications
- Potential reference letter for a job application
- Volunteer mileage deduction on your Federal Tax Return
- Volunteer recognition and appreciation
- FUN AND EXCITEMENT
Volunteer Rewards for Hours
- 25 hours -- 1 FREE FNPL Book Sale Item Voucher
- 50 hours -- NPL Koozie
- 100 hours – NPL Lunch Box
- 200 hours -- NPL CD Holder
- 300 hours -- NPL Acrylic Cup w/ Straw
- 400 hours -- NPL Nylon Drawstring Sportpack
- 500 hours -- NPL Fleece Blanket
- Holiday Gift
- Summer Luncheon
- Volunteer of the Month Opportunity