Volunteer with Norfolk Public Library
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer!
Volunteers work side-by-side with city employees to strengthen customer service and programs and in effect enhance and emphasize the Library's relationship with the local community. The Norfolk Public Library is a diverse, interactive and resourceful tool serving the community of Norfolk. There are many opportunities to suit different interests and skills within NPL.
Who can Volunteer?
The Norfolk Public Library has opportunities available for adults, teens (age 13 and up), families (age 8 and up volunteering alongside an adult), and groups, as well as hours required for school and court-ordered community service on a case-by-case basis.
Volunteering with Norfolk Public Library can be a very rewarding and beneficial experience.
- Get training and experience with hands-on opportunities
- Meet new people and help others
- Share your skills, keep busy, and be involved in the community
- Potentially gain credit for educational and community service requirements
- Earn volunteer recognition through volunteer of the month, rewards for volunteer hours, and an annual volunteer appreciation event.
How to Volunteer?You can volunteer by completing an online volunteer application or by filling out an application at one of our library branches. If you have any questions or want to discuss the volunteer opportunities that are available please contact:
Erica Blanding, NPL Volunteer Coordinator
757-664-7328 ext. 320
Come and join this fun, rewarding experience at your Library!